Tarea Semanal (Weekly Homework)
In order to improve your listening/reading skills and your love of Spanish, each week you will listen to or read a minimum of 30 minutes of Spanish outside of the classroom. After doing that, you will write a short description of what you watched, what new vocabulary you learned, and anything else that you found interesting.
Click here for the rubric and a list of what you need to do
Here are some options for what to listen to / watch:
- Dreaming Spanish Youtube channel - Tons of great stuff here!
- Netflix programs: Grand Hotel, Nailed it Mexico, Go! Vive tu manera. (PG-13) There are a few good ones but are for 16+ years old: Casa de Papel (money Heist) or The House of Flowers
- Flowlingo App - There are lots of things on this language-learning App, including reading the news and watching television shows.
- News in Slow Spanish - You can choose your level and listen to (and read) news in Spanish that is spoken at a slower speed.
- Try this story on Slow Spanish
- Netflix - There are a ton of movies and shows in Spanish. Many of them you can watch with Spanish subtitles (recommended). If you don't have Netflix, come to my room during Lunch.
- YouTube - There are lots of things there. One of the most popular and interesting option is Cien Latinos Dijeron. It is like Family Feud, but in Spanish.
- BBC Mundo - Make sure you click on videos (in the middle of the page).
- Univisión - Lots of shows and series here.
- Telemundo - Lots of shows and series here too.
- RTVE - This is a television channel from Spain. Click on series at the top or explore the other types of programs.
- El Trece - This is a channel from Argentina.
- Hulu Latino - There are tons of telenovelas here! There are some other shows and movies too. You can only do this if you have Hulu. Profe Kat does not. Sorry!
- ATRES - This is a television channel from Spain. Not sure, but you might need to create an account (for a few dollars a month). This site has Spanish subtitles!
- Veinte Mundos - This is an online magazine for students learning Spanish. If you choose this option, you will listen and read.
- Radio Ambulante - I love this podcast! This might be a a bit advanced. If you are interested, talk to me and I can give you some suggestions.
- Canal Pakapaka is a YouTube commercial for kids, but has lots of good videos. In particular, I like La asombrosa excursión de Zamba. Check out this one about la geografía latinoamericana.
- Música - Listen to some songs in Spanish. It would also be helpful if you watched some lyric videos as you listen.
Ideas from Kara Jacobs