This is a pre-intermediate course in Spanish language and culture. You need to have passed Spanish I to take this course. We will be learning through a method known as Comprehensible Input (CI). CI uses stories, gestures, songs, games and high-frequency vocabulary so students will acquire the language by using Spanish. The aim of this course is to build connections with language and culture and inspire students to become bilingual.
- Language is a bridge that connects you to other people and cultures.
- The goal is COMMUNICATION and having the courage to make mistakes.
- The recognition of patterns in language gives the speaker a wider-range of communication skills.
- How can cultural awareness shape my language learning?
- How will learning another language enhance my life?
- What strategies can I use to communicate my thoughts and ideas more effectively in another language?
Join Google Classroom for access to virtual assignments, copy of notes and other important resources and updates.
Click on the black button below:
Daily Activities Calendar
*Missed class? Use the current calendar link to find the list of daily activities and links to weekly slides, which include warm-ups, vocabulary and practice activities...everything you need to make up a missed class